Throughout the world there are over 12,500 recognised species of ants, and there are thought to be over 20,000 in total. They are highly organised social insects. It is the foraging worker ants that invade buildings in search of food.
- Clear up food and liquid spills immediately.
- Sweep up any food crumbs from under kitchen appliances.
- Store food in airtight containers
- Clear away pet food that is not eaten immediately.
- Block off entry points for ants by sealing cracks.
- Ensure rubbish is kept in tightly closed bins.